Origin: Manufactured by extracting the root of the comfrey plant
Also Known As:
Overview: Allantoin is a naturally occurring nitrogenous compound used as a skin conditioning agent. It is a non-irritating ingredient that helps heal the skin and stimulate the growth of new tissue. It also softens the skin and protects sensitive skin.
- Can be used in applications such as lotions, creams, protective creams, sun care and after sun products, shampoos, scal rinses, shower gels, lip care, and baby care products.
- Increasing the water content of the extracellular matrix
- Enhancing the desquamation of upper layers of dead skin cells
- Increasing the smoothness of the skin
- Promoting cell proliferation
- Wound healing
Ideal Concentration Level in Products: Add to aqueous phase of formulas or after emulsification process with concentration levels of 0.2% to 2%.